1. A car traveled 1000 kilometers from krui to Jakarta in 15 hours. What was its average velocity?
2. If the average motorcycle speed is 40 km/hr, how far can it travel in 40 min?
3. What must be your average speed in order to travel 325 km in 3.25 hours?
4. If you are driving 100 km/hr along a straight road and you look to the side for 2.0 sec, how far do you travel during this period?
5. You are driving home from school steadily at 50 mph for 100 miles. It begins to rain and you slow to 40 mph. You arrive home after driving 3 hours and 20 minutes. (a) How far is your hometown from school? (b) What was your average speed?
6. A sports car accelerates from rest to 100 km/h in 5 sec. What is its average acceleration in m/s/s?
7. A sprinter accelerates from rest to 10.0 m/s in 2 sec. What is her acceleration (a) in m/s/s, and (b) in km/h/h?
8. A world class sprinter runs 100 meters in 10 seconds. What is his average
9. A sailboat is traveling north at 15 mi/hr. How far will it go in 3 hours?
10. A train traveling north at 75 mi/hr arrives at its destination in 3 hours. How far has the train gone?
11. You are driving from Bloomington to a suburb of Chicago 150 miles away. If you arrive in 5 hours, what is your average speed?
12. A car travels 4,500 km in 45 hours. What is the car’s average speed?
13. A marathon runner runs 75 miles in 3/4 hours. What is the runners average speed?
14. A caterpillar travels across the length of a 2.00 meter porch in 6.5 minutes. What is the average speed of the caterpillar in m/s?
15. A hiker is at the bottom of a canyon facing the canyon wall closest to her. She is 250 meters from the wall and the sound of her voice travels at 250 m/s at that location. How long after she shouts will she hear her echo?
16. A motorist traveling on a straight stretch of open highway sets his cruise control at 75 km/hr. How far will he travel in 15 minutes?
17. A woman from Pasadena makes a trip to a nearby shopping mall that is located 40 miles from her home. On the trip to the mall she averages 80 mi/hr but gets a speeding ticket upon her arrival. On the return trip she averages just 40 mi/hr. what was her average speed for the entire trip?
18. A cross country race car driver sets out on a 100 mile race. At the halfway marker (50 miles), her pit crew radios that she has averaged only 50 mi/hr. How fast must she drive over the remaining distance in order to average 100 mi/hr for the entire race?